Desperate pretense

Reflections
Referencing revenants;
Heaven help irreverent renunciations
Straining patiences; irrelevant;
Ever paid to placate,
Stay the hand that holds the dagger
Dangling and dragging as I sleuth
And stagger, wait,
Stammering for more excuses;
Feeling it's obtuse,
Delusional,
Still I seek to soothe
My foolishness
That brought on all this ruthless
Rage –
My moment's rampage
That arranged my doom.
I used to dream between the stars;
I mused,
And minded all my mighty, made up magic, trying blindly and unsightly from afar;
Stooping stupidly for absolution.
Is it coming soon? Is Earth a boon, or am I still a play thing on this stage
Of the Arranging Czars?
Today, as far as I can say, seems tragic,
Intransigent,
And stacking up
As hapless, harrowing, haranguing traffic.
My asinine contrivances, and signings;
Somber, solemn, paltry pretense pranced apologetic;
Mining up of Solomon's subversive coffers
In a passage
That appear to hold my dreams aloft,
But brings about a cost
So savage

Comments