My monsters

I'm sinking in my sickness,
Drifting through the stinging has been;
Maddening.
Rather would've been
Something other
Than these happenings.
And bad dreams.
Sadness seeping in;
Can't begin to say
what it means –
Divulge my bulging plans,
Slip my leash,
And breathe.
Had to be a harrowed half wit,
Embattled,
Borrowing sorrow,
Back to back with bandages
That battle bad batches bought,
Accosting all tomorrows.
The thought of cost
That calls my name.
Cauterized the copious
Conundrum of my cumbersome
Derangement.
Have I lost it?
See the stain that leaves me
Laid to waste.
Simply stated,
Strange as it may seem,
The sins a staple.
Wading in my waiting,
Steaming.
Tentpoles of my game
Unstable,
Unsatatiating,
Bracing as I blame the fable;
Fan the blazing flames
And still I find myself debating.
Who am I to say?
Who am I to claim,
The monsters I enable?

Comments