Serenity

Serenity, I seek you.
I speak a word, though hurt;
A plea to meet you.

Greet me as a weary traveler,
With miles on my feet,
My scenery unraveled.
And baffled though I be,
By broken roads that I have traveled,
Slowly do I come to see
Your light.

In time, I clear my mind.
The tears that nearly drowned me,
Now they flow with friends around me.
In my stubborn, muddy slog
Abounds a practice that can ground and guide me.

Freed from clouds that crowded out my light
Amidst my sighs,
I find again the brightness that I thought
I left behind.
I fly;
My wings reach out and touch the suchness
Of my much beloved sky.

And though the rains may come again,
And threaten to upend my mending,
Now I know,
This storm is not the ending.
And as I venture tiptoes first,
Again, into my sacred life upon this Earth,
I tend to all my garden,
With a loving hug that knows my worth.

Dear Serenity,
I see you.
I'm grateful for the grace of my rebirth.

Comments