Stranger to the sun

A morning that my mind has tried to steal.
Thoughts of fears and feelings
Sought to knock me off my feet,
Tip me over,
Trip me up with sudden heat upon my heels.
Steely warning signs that caught me gawking
At what wasn't touching me
But seemed so real;
Taught me words that cursed
Instead of burnishing abyssal rifts,
Stalking closure,
Mocking as my lips
Imparted kisses
On the wispy, softening small
Stalks of clover in the field.
Wallowing in fits,
I called out to the farther, father sun
Amidst the marring masquerade
Of His eclipse;
My rover's renegade renunciation
That the pains I take
Explain why he has shunned me,
Left me waiting, fumbling,
Struggling,
As I go against the grain,
Until my haunted hunting slips
The chains
Of mundane days
And double-dog-dared
Troubling,
Lets my love explain
And hold me snuggly,
Tell me everythings okay.
The gray and shadows of the clouds
May yet be bearing down;
The sounds of thunder rumbling,
Pounding shroud of rain drops falling,
Puddling, may profess the danger
As estranged from sunbeams
Doubly,
But amazingly the maelstrom,
That seems forever to endeavor and remain
Is only play of wind and vapor;
Only tigers made of waving paper;
And though I am afraid of what awaits,
And all the stakes of daring stage plays,
Great escapes and mazes,
It is clear that I am more than this charade,
More than my mistakes.
And as long as I keep living from within,
And making new beginnings,
My soul has won the day.

Comments