Find Yourself

Where do we stand

Where do I stand

What's between us

What's the word for what is awaiting

Each step ventured from ourselves

This hidden, prison cell

Beyond the bars of well meant messages

Suffered silence and inheritance of torment

Torrential rain, where may I find compassion for my pain

It drains me, names me slave and tames me

Takes what precious little patience I have left

Then shames me for my dread

And blames my heart for hearkening a new start

Barking orders filled with thought, and thought and thought again

What part of me needs tending

In this never ending struggle to depart from demarcation

Drawing lines upon my lands

Enticing of the dark, and barking orders to the damned

At last, a fleeting peace

Gobbled down by beast within

It seems

It seems

But what's beyond this leash?

What pastures of the present lie beneath the shadow of these gnashing teeth?

What moment finds a place to stay, and rest at last

Will it take until my last gasp?

Or is it here?

Beneath the rubble of the rasping past?

Between the here and there of futures found so futile by the fusillade of fears?

In faith, at last, the firmament is near

The opening of sight and sky decries

The diatribe of gargoyle parasites

Blinding till there binds are lifted

With a sunny smile

Walk with me, just a while

Upon the beach, discard the reasons and the rationale

To feel the sand beneath your feet

And while you're wondering what waits

Too, make your stand upon this place.

This here, this now

Find yourself between its pearly gates


Comments